Do you have a "Zest for Life"??
Let the professionals at Campus Recreation help you to develop and maintain an active and healthy lifestyle to last for the rest of your life!
- Do you want to increase your energy level?
- Do you want to sleep better at night?
- Do you want to relieve nagging aches and pain?
- Would you like to enjoy your favorite hobbies more often?
- Would you like to learn more about health and fitness relates topics such as nutrition, flexibility, and injury prevention?
- Would you like to broaden your social network?
Who is the Zest for Life Program for?
If you answered "yes" to one or more of these questions, the "Zest for Life" program is for you. Designed for currently sedentary NSU employees, "Zest for Life" will steadily help you to improve your physical and mental well being through weekly participation in designated fitness/wellness programs and services. We have low and "no" impact activities that can kick-start your body and help you slowly, safely, and effectively achieve great results.
How do I get started?
It all starts with a fitness assessment evaluation that will help to gage your current level of fitness. Next, we will provide you with a "plan". The plan will be based upon your current level of fitness and your current health and fitness goals. The initial plan will last 6 weeks. At the end of the six week period, we will evaluate your progress and help keep you going in a positive direction.
Benefits of the Zest for Life Program
- Monthly educational seminars on relevant health and fitness related topics such as nutrition, flexibility, injury prevention, fitness essentials, hydration, and more. Suggestions for topics are always welcome!
- Monthly social opportunities so that you can meet others with similar interests and needs. The social activities will be recreational in nature, however not necessarily fitness related. A modest fee may apply.
- Discounts on programs and services. 15% off on personal training packages, future fitness assessments, annual locker rentals, and annual towel passes.
Requirements of the Zest for Life Program
- Zest for Life members must be current NSU faculty or staff, to include adjunct and part-time employees. Spouses and domestic partners are also eligible.
- Participants must be current RecPlex members.
- Medical clearance may be required from a licensed physician pending the results of the fitness assessment.
- $10 annual program enrollment fee
We look forward to assisting you in your journey to become active, stay active, and live a healthier and happier lifestyle! We believe the Zest for Life program is a great place to start. It is never too late to make meaningful change!